Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby Sculptor. Camille Allen.

Hello, you have probably noticed I love babies! I live in Powell River, British Columbia, Canada. I'm 28, married to a wonderful man with no children. I work in a large studio in a bright and friendly Grade II listed building was built in 1916th I have it with dolls, stuffed doll parts, dolls-in-progress and sculpture supplies! This is a great place to work, with the ocean out the window and mountains in the background. I do use various kinds of professional doll sculptors' clay to the babies.The babies have soft English mohair to imitate fine baby hair and are blushed with paints for realism to enhance their tiny wrinkles and folds. Starting from detailed photographs and begins a lump of clay, sculpting a LifeSize or miniature baby. It takes many, many hours of patient concentration to form a realistic baby and surface with fine details - including wrinkles and fingernails. I am privileged to have learned the art of doll making from my husband grandmother have just over five years.She taught me how to shape one big life-size dolls in polymer clay. A year later, when I was a few bits of leftover clay from a larger doll, I was the piece of clay into a miniature baby. When I held the tiny baby in my hand I felt protectiveness and fascination. I loved it immediately! The first miniature baby I did was rolled into a fetal position, and I even gave him a cord as if it were still in the womb. The shape and size of the baby seemed like an egg...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVeuJixn9E&hl=en

Related : audiobook baby-shoes In Car Monitor Hobby toy for kids

No comments:

Post a Comment