Thursday, March 4, 2010

What Makes a Good Fantasy Story

I'm obviously doing right away with some opinions of what a good fantasy story. I admit, I read more romance than fantasy, but I know what makes a good story, if I have a read.

Research: A fantasy world is very complicated. Doing research is important. Creating a complex background to a fantasy world is for you to get your reader into the situation, even if the reader does not "see" the entire world. You need to know where your characters, what theywill do and who is responsible.

As readers will, I always make "real world" assumptions. So if you your fantasy world does not gravity or a site, I can deal with on Earth, you must describe it in detail. Detail does not mean that your readers a whole list, it means integrating essential descriptions and details on how your reader needs them. Remember, your readers blinded to the visual parts of the puzzle together for them.

Ordinary Objects: AFun part of writing fantasy makes ordinary objects can do extraordinary things. The wand has been done and done ... ... and ready. As a writer, can you make the most ordinary object to have different qualities usually associated with the object, such as a candle, which works like a key or a sword that is not truncated, but acts like a compass. The possibilities are endless!

Stretch your imagination to turn the ordinary into something surprising. For me, nothing is more interesting to reada fantasy world of gadgets and how they work! I want one of these creatures that eat dust. Intrigue your readers to look beyond the horizons and their fascinating properties.

Characters: The best characters that I have read in the imagination are the ones who had human qualities. While it's fun for fantasy characters to interesting physical properties, the best stories are signs showing the handling of the classic struggle of human weakness and strength. Struggles that readers tackle attheir own lives. The more emotions of your readers can deal with, the stronger your work is.

Stephen R. Donaldson, in the Thomas Covenant series was the main character weak attributes. In our world, he is divorced, reclusive writer and a leper. Society shunned him. Then a police car hits him, and he wakes up in another world. There, in the fantasy world, Pact is seen as the reincarnation of Berek Halfhand whose white gold wedding ring is a sign of power. The first figure, which hemet Lena heals his wounds with hurtloam. The sudden cure leads him to lose self-control and rapes Lena Thomas. With the help of a huge, (my favorite character) Salt Heart Foamfollower, and after an encounter with the evil Lord Foul, reaches pact Revel Stone and bears the name of ur-Lord of the rulers. He found that possess the Foul by Cavewrights more interesting (character), a powerful member of the law.

Allianz-trips from the fantasy world back into the real world in whichonly a few hours have passed. A month goes by in the real world, and if Pact fades back into the fantasy world, have passed forty years. Throughout the series, the pact is presented as infidels. He feels there against his will, he thinks, and no powers not ready to believe he can help is, is incapable of trying.

This is the main character? I despised him. I thought he was so weak. What a loser. C'mon! Do something! He was not what I expected to do an ordinary hero. ThePoint is, as a reader, I was involved. I knew what it looked like the new world, I knew who were the characters and wanted to know what happened afterwards. These are the things that make a success story. I do not give the end, but also for those who have not read the series, I would recommend it.

To conclude, when you write fantasy novels, think about the ordinary and stretch your imagination and talent to its limits. I'll be waiting to read and enjoy your stories.



Thanks To : nursing-associate Satisfaction Employee Mortgage Refinancing 7 Car Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment